Friday, January 30, 2009

25 weeks

It has been so long since I blogged. Told you I hated doing it.

Wow, lets see. This month, I had a nice scare. I went to the doctor for a routine appointment and Desney, the PA told me that my sonogram showed an echogenic cardiac focus. She said that it was a mark in his heart that no way effected his heart but could be a soft marker for downs syndrome. Needless to say, that was all I need to hear to break down. She wanted me to go to Magee to have a better sonogram. I called Chad hysterical. He calmed me down. We looked it up when we got home and it didn't seem like a huge deal. I was still a wreck. This was a Tuesday. I managed to get to Magee on Thursday. The first thing the sonogram lady told me was that this is controversial as to whether or not it is a marker for downs. After she did all the testing, she said everything looked good and that there are no other markers for downs. So I feel better. Not a good week for me there.

Other than that, everything is good. I went to the Dr. last Monday for some cramping and it turns out I have a bladder infection. They put me on abx and I think I am better now.

Sophia got sick last Tuesday. Wednesday she spiked a fever of 103. I called the doc.. Chad was off on Thursday and took her in. Turns out, she had pnemonia. Thank God they didn't put her in the hospital but man was she sick. I stayed home with her Friday and both Friday and Saturday she was really sick. She is better now and will finish her abx on Sunday.

My dad had another heart attack and is back in the hospital.. He is doing ok but is in ICU at Highlands. What more can I say about him. This is a constant battle.

To end this babble, I am 25 weeks pregnant and I feel really good. Total weight gain has only been 7 lbs so can't complain. I go back to Magee on Saturday for a transvaginal ultrasound to check the length of my cervix to see if I am high risk for PTL.

No comments: