


Her first day of Pre-School was Wednesday, September 10, 2008. I, of course, had to take the day off so I could drop her off and pick her up. I was way more nervous than she was. We walked in, hung up her bookbag and she stepped into the lunchroom. The teacher sat her by another little girl and asked her if she wanted juice. She shook her head yes and I lost it. I walked out and cried. They made me leave because they didn't want her to see me cry.
I cried for an hour. I couldn't wait for 1:00. When i picked her up, she was sitting in a little circle reading with the kids. When she saw me, she came running, jumped into my arms crying. It was heartwrenching. The teacher said she had a good day so she didn't know why she was crying.
Today, Friday the 12th was her second day. She didn't seem quite as excited to go and when we walked in and I bent down to kiss her goodbye, she started crying and clung to me. It took me 5 minutes to calm her down. I finally left and cried the whole way to work.
I think this is going to be a little harder than we thought
No comments:
Post a Comment