







I have had one of the worst days today. I took Sophia to school this morning. From the time she woke up and learned she was going to school, she cried. She was hysterical by the time I got her there. I asked her what was wrong and she said her teacher yells at her. When we got there, I asked the teacher if she is ok. She told me that she is fine after I leave. She told me alot of kids go through this at first and the best thing I can do is just drop her off and leave. Whatever... I left.
I cried literally the whole way to work. This was really working on me so I called and asked to speak to Charlene (the owner). I talked with Cindy first and explained my situation. I told her that I felt that Sophia should not be in the 3 year old class. I noticed that there are alot of kids way younger than her and that the teacher yelled at these kids probably 10 times in the 5 short minutes I was there. Cindy explained that some of the kids are pretty bad and that the teacher needs to yell at them. I understand that, but I explained that Sophia is pretty smart and i don't feel she is benefiting being with 1. younger kids 2. kids that need so much discipline. Sophie is very sensitive and when the teacher yells, she thinks she is yelling at her.
Charlene got on the phone and agreed with me that she should be moved. I agreed to switch around my schedule so that she can be there on Tuesdays and Thursdays which is their less busy day.. All was good.
Charlene called me back at 10:30. She had Sophia in her office and she was hysterical. She said she came back from the playground in tears. She said she keeps hugging her and trying to show her around her new room. She was bawling. I talked to her on the phone and it was horrible. I told Charlene I would send Charlotte to pick her up now. As we talked, Sophie seemed to calm down a bit. I told her I would leave her there until 1:00. We hung up
At 11:45, Charlene called me back again. I could have cried when I saw the caller ID. She wanted to assure me that Sophia was completely fine. She was playing with the other kids, actually ate lunch and is doing great. She feels this is really going to work out better for her.
Charlotte called me at 1:30 after she picked her up. She said she is great. When she picked her up this time, she ran to her, gave her a hug, but DIDN'T cry. She went back to what she was doing and then was ready to leave. I spoke with her on the phone and she was in a silly mood.
Now, if I can just get her back there tomorrow!!
On another note, I took her to Living Treasures yesterday for a mother-daughter day. We had a really nice time, that is, until I got spit on by a llama. Not cool. It smelled like rotten cow shit. It was the worst smell ever and he spit it all over my face!!!
Remind me to never touch a Llama again, especially one with an attitude
No comments:
Post a Comment